Sunday, April 12, 2009

Back With A Splash

I'm Back (PART I)

Q: What happens to the shallow end of a swimming pool when you add more water to it?
A: It depends.

Wow. Quite alot has happened during the 2 years, 8 months since my last post..... I wonder - will anybody still be willing to read my nonsensical drivel? Will I still be as witty, insightful, and creative as ever? And where shall I begin?

Hmm...for starters, I guess I can test the waters by discussing at least one of the major occurences during my absence. Let's start with something light-hearted and non-controversial such as Olympic Medal Shmedal!gold-medalist Michael Phelps. Although young and still wet behind the ears, Mr. Phelps made quite a splash at the Olympics. The swimmer has a bubbly personality and is quite easy-going; when asked to comment about his calm demeanor and non-confrontational personality he replied that he "doesn't like to make waves." Unbeknownst to many, he once tried to get into the professional boxing circuit, but threw in the towel after charges of corruption surfaced - seems he was allegedly looking for someone who was willing to pay him to take a dive in the ring. The incident left him with a sinking feeling and he later pooled his resources to begin his Olympic training.

And people say I have a dry sense of humor....


Whew! This comeback post has really left me feeling drained so I'll finish here. Oh, and I know this may sound shallow, but I do want to take credit for that opening joke up there. It depends. Get it?

* I realize this post isn't going to cause any ripples in the blog-world, but please don't think I'm all washed up - I just don't want to start off setting the bar too high.....

~

7 Comments:

Blogger marsha said...

So happy that you are finally back; apparently your sense of time, as "in a flash," is much longer than my perception of time :-)
BTW, loved your joke!!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Terra Shield said...

2 years and 8 months is indeed a long break. I like your joke too!

PS: Thanks for visiting my blog :)

1:04 AM  
Blogger Lizza said...

I'm soooooooo glad you're wading back into blogworld again.

Now about Mr. Phelps, didn't I read somewhere that he has more than a passing acquaintance with a certain maryjane? Maybe that partly explains his laid-back and cool demeanor.

Welcome back, soon-to-be-a-certain-age Mike!

P.S. Word verification is clogynal. Sounds ominous.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike
Thanks for visiting my blog, appreciated your comment. Your words really moved me to be honest and after visiting your blog, it makes me wonder (interestingly, not nosily!) that these 2 and a half years have seen somewhat of a battle for you.

From a daughter who lost who her father when he was only 58, a sudden passing that absolutely no one expected, please don't give up on your own child. But I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that.

God bless you,
CJ xx

4:09 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks to everyone who read my post and especially those kind enough to leave a comment! Your politeness has, unfortunately, only served to further encourage me to continue posting again......

8:09 AM  
Blogger marsha said...

Yes, indeedy, it is :-)

9:01 PM  
Blogger ebed said...

Good to have you back, Mike..

Shalom!

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home