Monday, August 21, 2006

Ode To Self

My film briefly bounced up and down the Top Favorites on YouTube alongside some stiff competition...

Yep, that's my film ranked in the YouTube Top Favorites...circled in yellow...right there...next to Jiggling Jana. (click to enlarge if you must) Talk about stiff competition! Poor little Dave was looking like a deer caught in the headlights, wasn't he? Needless to say, I felt like a real boob when I saw the kind of videos I was up against! Quite a pair, me and ol' Jiggling Jana, that is - we both briefly bounced up and down all around the Top 100 that day. She was making my little film look like a real bust! I'm telling you, it was all I could do to stay abreast of her! I'm sorry for ranting on and on about this - I guess I just needed to get that off my chest. (Yep, I'm milking this little routine for everything it's worth, so to speak.....) In case you're wondering, I did watch the jiggling video (you know, just to see what I was up against...), and I feel I most definitely deserved to come out on top of her. Oh, and yes, I think they were real. lol

Anyway, let's scroll on down and take at a look at the results of my epic, sweeping internet meme...come on, have a look-see with me!

The effect on YouTube, thusly:
screenshot from YouTube featuring An Space Ode
(clickably enlargable)

Debuting last Sunday, my now-famous internet meme has within it's first week received 786 views, 11 comments, a 4 1/2 star rating, Honors in the Comedy category for #78 Most Discussed for a day, and #66 Top Favorite for a day.

The effect on the stats of My Webbed Feat, specifically, thusly:
screenshot of My Webbed Feat stats
(clickably enlargable)

Debuting last Sunday, my now-famous internet meme has generated, or helped contribute to, an average of 74 visits per day this week to my blog - with a high of 101 hits and a low of 37.

So, have I learned anything from my shallow dabble into the glitzy world of internet-meme-production? This, I presume, and only this: I'm not quite sure I really know what a meme is anymore...not quite sure at all.....

screenshot from 'An Space Ode' - presumably the biggest, best, most far-reaching internet meme to date.....


(See An Space Ode here)

11 Comments:

Blogger Lizza said...

Wow, Mike! You've been getting mounds of praise and mountains of hits for An Space Ode!

It ain't surprising, though. Make people laugh, and they'll tell you. Tit for tat. :-D

7:47 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

lol I knew you'd come up with something ingenius to say about this post! :-)

10:42 AM  
Blogger Jimena said...

that's awesome you're on the youtube best ranked pages! congrats!

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is tubular, mike! Way to go, buddy! Now that you are an award winning meme-creating superstar, I need to ask an important question that I believe your unique expertise qualifies you for. Do you think "jana" is her real name or is this just a petty stage name used to ryhme with "jiggle"?

12:42 PM  
Blogger RFB said...

Shouldn't it be "A Space Ode"?

12:47 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks Jimena - I'm amazing, aren't I? I really enjoyed my 15 seconds of fame that day! heeheehee

anonymous: lol that is like, a totally very interesting question! I'd for sure have to say that "Jana" must be her real name, since it doesn't actually rhyme with "jiggle." Now, if her name had been something like "Wiggling Wanda" I'd assume that it was indeed a stage name.

Bear Slayer: Yes it should. But it sounded even stupider with a "an" instead of a "a" - there is an method to my madness!

1:10 PM  
Blogger RFB said...

You are banned from bears for your narcissistic idiocy. "An Space Ode" will never live to see the light of another YouTube day if I have my way! Just kidding I love your self-centered, quirky art. I truly do, as does C of S. In fact he was just telling me how much he loves going to your site to see what crazy Mike is up to now! Keep it up soldier.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

B.S.: Anything I can do (such as creating worldwide-sweeping memes) that helps to draw visitors to the movement is a honor... (or should I have spelled it 'aything' - I'm confusing myself)

C of S: So I'm crazy, eh? Is what you said to Bear Slayer some kind of a insult? I pardon it, tho, after reading your meme memoriam idea as per your writing endeavors - sounds like an brilliant idea! This new subtle humor could turn out to be quite a improvement and maybe even become an fad. This work is probably on the same level as the first person to use 'n' in the phrase rock 'n' roll...

Have an good day you guys! And you too, Jiggli'n' Jaan, wherever you are..... (note the double-replacement-and-swap of the 'an' and the 'a' in Jana's name when applying the aforementioned 'newspell'...if taken to the extreme, this will make the spelling of words like banana and aardvark quite a challenge, C of S...)

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an ego! meme,meme,meme bla,bla,bla

j/k

5:59 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

your: thanks - come back soon!

anonymouse: lego my ego!!!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

(drum roll please..............)

So what you're saying, Chief, is that you work for the Postal Service??? heeheehee (get it? "consistently insult people")

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home