Thursday, August 17, 2006

Ba-ba-ba Ba-Barbara Garvin

I thought I'd try to class up this joint a little by showing some real, live Art (to make up for what my not-looking-so-healthy meme has done). These thumbnails represent just a few of the paintings done by Barbara Garvin. I'm not really much of an artsy person, but since Mrs. Garvin is my aunt I figure I'll run with this theme for a post or two.....

Valley View Trail by Barbara Garvin
Quiet Time by Barbara Garvin
Augeria Time by Barbara Garvin
Cook's A' Coming by Barbara Garvin
Sunbeams And Snowdust by Barbara Garvin

To be honest, I've never actually met this particular aunt of mine. But, when I was a teenager, my brother and I went to The Country Store in Austin, Texas to look at some of her paintings and when we mentioned that we were Barbara's nephews the owner of the art gallery took us into a locked, private vault to let us view her more expensive paintings in private. Pretty cool, huh? He told us he'd give us a discount on any of her works that we liked - we asked about one of the smaller ones and he said he'd let us have it for like five thousand dollars...so I guess she's definitely somebody in the art world!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those paintings are beautiful!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Lizza said...

Oh, very nice artwork! I particularly like the small painting, the one with the tree.

$5,000 for some of her paintings? And that's the discounted price? Wow!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

yea, i thought these were nice too! Pretty nifty lol. I guess maybe I'd better throw in a link to some place that actually sells her paintings - especially since her brother (my uncle) is an attorney..... I'd put some of my other family members' big-time works online, too, but it's hard to put crimes on a blog har,har,har.....

7:15 PM  
Blogger RFB said...

If you can fit snakes on a plane then surely you can put crimes on a blog.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Jimena said...

interesting colour choices lol

8:49 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

lol snakes on a plane...Indeed, I stand corrected Bear Slayer - I will have to consider doing so, I presume!

Hmph, I'm sure I don't know what you're implying by the phrase 'interesting'.....heheeheee

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home